Forum Boards for MYOB Software and QuickBooks
Where independent users support one another to provide FREE MYOB HELP and FREE QUICKBOOKS HELP

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to record Direct Debits that have been dishonoured?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Boards for MYOB Software and QuickBooks Forum Index -> Everyday transactions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sooieq

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: How to record Direct Debits that have been dishonoured? Reply with quote

Hey All,

The business that I do the books for have been having some financial problems for some time, I was recently doing reconciliation for the month of March and discovered a lot of direct debits from their business account have been dishonoured e.g Insurance payment of $840 was debited and then as they did not have the funds in the account it was credited back the next day. How do I record these transactions? There are so many of them that I stopped doing the rec so I can find out the best way to record them.

Any advice would be much appreciated Smile

Thank you

Sue
Lynne

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the Preferences - Security and change the first preference to Transactions must be reversed
on the Bank rec, open up each of the debits and Edit - Reverse. Date the reversal to the date the payment bounced back and then you can reconcile your account. (Change your preference back when your done)
Lynne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Boards for MYOB Software and QuickBooks Forum Index -> Everyday transactions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: