Forum Boards for MYOB Software and QuickBooks
Where independent users support one another to provide FREE MYOB HELP and FREE QUICKBOOKS HELP

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Entertainment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Boards for MYOB Software and QuickBooks Forum Index -> Everyday transactions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coops

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Entertainment Reply with quote

I wonder if anyone can help me with a question on entertainment. I spoke with an ATO representative at a seminar about this issue and I think this is what I was told -
1. If a director of a company (referred to herein as an employee) takes a client out to lunch locally then the expense is split 50/50. 50% is for the employee and is a fringe benefit and the other 50% for the client is entertainment which is not claimable.
Now, my question is, "How do I record such a transaction?"
2. Now if the director stays overnight somewhere and takes a client out to lunch, 50% for the employee is travel and is claimable and the other 50% for the client is entertainment and is not claimable.
Question again, "How do I record this?"
Would really appreciate some help on this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Boards for MYOB Software and QuickBooks Forum Index -> Everyday transactions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: