Forum Boards for MYOB Software and QuickBooks
Where independent users support one another to provide FREE MYOB HELP and FREE QUICKBOOKS HELP

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Using company file on different computer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Boards for MYOB Software and QuickBooks Forum Index -> Everyday transactions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nepean

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Using company file on different computer Reply with quote

I have a new client who is wanting to enter the sales in the MYOB file and I will do the expenses side.
Is it ok for us to just email the file to each other and open in our own versions of MYOB or do I need to install her version so that the serial numbers are the same???
Bob

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can do what you suggest, but make sure her version of MYOB & your version are the same.

I would not do what you are thinking of.
I believe it would be more secure if one of you (eg your office) prepares the data to be in input in XL format, email her and she can upload the data into the Home Computer.

Regards.......Bob
Geoff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there

Just a comment on the above, make sure you only make entries on the file being sent between your client and yourself.

You can only make the entries when you have the active file in your possession.

I had a client with a similar setup and we used to e-mail backup copies to each other and we would put our respective entries on the backup copy then e-mail a newbackup copy to the client. It worked well.

However Bob's suggestion is a good idea unless you want to print off a copy of Sales Invoices. However if it is just entries you want excel would be the way to go
Certified Public Accountant
QuickBooks Consultant and Trainer and
BAS Service Provider
www.busseltonbookkeeping.com.au
e-mail geoff_bookkeeper@hotmail.com
Phone 08 97547680
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Boards for MYOB Software and QuickBooks Forum Index -> Everyday transactions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: