Forum Boards for MYOB Software and QuickBooks
Where independent users support one another to provide FREE MYOB HELP and FREE QUICKBOOKS HELP

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Receiving funds from a debt collector minus their fees

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Boards for MYOB Software and QuickBooks Forum Index -> Everyday transactions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashley

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:42 am    Post subject: Receiving funds from a debt collector minus their fees Reply with quote

I was wondering how to go about recording money received from a debt collector minus their fees in MYOB. The debt collecting agent collects the money in a trust account, deducts their fees and pays us the difference. At the moment i have set up a trust account in MYOB. I received the funds in each clients card file through the Trust account to clear the money they owed (The account on the invoices is maintenance parts). I then pay the debt collectors invoice through their card file using funds from the trust account (the account on this invoice is debt collecting expenses). Then through spend money. I spend the remaining funds in the trust account (which would be the actual amount sent to us by the debt collector). The trust account would now have a zero balance. I then receive these funds through receive payments into the Cheque account. I'm not sure if this is right and i am a little confused as to which accounts to use in the recording processes. For example at the moment when receiving the payment in each clients card file the invoices account is set as maintenance parts. What would i enter the other transactions under (as in Parts or debt collecting expense) so that the books reflect the> parts income and the debt collecting expense correctly.
If someone could shed some light on this it would be much appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Boards for MYOB Software and QuickBooks Forum Index -> Everyday transactions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: